Use the Closings module to create notifications for institutions of any kind, from schools to government buildings to community centers, during statutory holidays, emergencies, or for inclement weather. For example, you may want to create a closing notification that lists the status of every school in a geographical district following a snowstorm.
You can create and manage your closings in Flow. From the Home page, select Content Control > Closings.
Institutions are organized into Groups. Groups is a great way to split the types of Institutions, or to split your institutions by regions. (i.e: West End School Districts and East End School Districts). In a Rundown you have the ability to choose a closing group for playout, as well as a playlist.
|Select content group|
Select the group
or click New
You can edit
- broadcast name
Add New Institution
Select a Content Group from the list to filter content by that Content Group. Content Groups are created and managed in the User Setup > Manage Content
|0. Select or create the Closing Group you want to add to.|
- Once the group has been selected, press on the Add New button
2. Enter the institution information
- Type the Institution Name
- Select the Type of institution
- Select the Status.
- To create new status, you need to be a Global content group system administrator.
- Optional - provide a Valid Until date and time.
- once this is past it will no longer be included for broadcast
- Optional - add More details using the dynamic fields editor
|3. Specify whether this institution is enabled for broadcast using the Airs option. Clear this option to prevent this institution from being broadcast.|
4. Click Add Now
Manage Existing Institutions
You can manage existing institutions at any time as follows:
- Click Edit to modify an institution.
- Modify institution details, including the Name, Type and Status, Valid Until, Airs and More (via dynamic fields)
- Click Save Now to save your changes.
Removing an institution also removes it from any Institution Playlists.
Click Remove to remove the institution. Click OK to confirm.
|Enable or Disable Institutions for Broadcast|
Institution is enabled for broadcast to display on-air. Click to disable the institution and prevent it from going to broadcast. Institution is disabled. Click to enable the institution and allow it to go to broadcast.
Click Show All to enable all existing institutions in the list. These institutions will go to broadcast.
Click Hide All to disable all existing institutions in the list. These institutions will not go to broadcast.
Automatically assign a valid until time of tonight near midnight when enabling a closing to air. It will not override a supplied valid until time that is in the future when the closing is enabled to go to air.
Closings > Status Text Max Length
The number of characters that are allowed in the closing status text.